Australia Two-Day Intensive Workshop
$1,950.00 Sold out
Baby and Child Workshop
Come and join me for a two-day workshop in beautiful Brisbane, Australia, where you will learn how to compose, capture, and edit beautiful, authentic, fine art photographs.
* Four weeks prior to our start date I will host an online webinar discussing the foundations that go into fine art photography. I will cover camera settings and how to achieve tack-sharp images while retaining a soft and dreamy quality. I will cover lens choice and why and when it is useful to use some lenses over others. I will also touch on successful branding and why it is important. I like to get this stuff out of the way before the workshop commences so that we can focus on the ‘good’ stuff once we arrive for the workshop.
* We will check into the workshop at 8:00 a.m. at Kelly Brown's studio on Saturday. We will begin the workshop with a presentation that covers the following topics.
*How to search out gorgeous light in the natural environment under any conditions
* How to trouble-shoot difficult lighting scenarios outdoors
* How to shoot during golden hour and the hour before golden hour
* How to scout amazing locations
* How to make the most of drab locations
* What to look for in locations for babies, children, and adults and how the locations will differ based on the type of client you are photographing
* How to create compelling compositions that draw the viewer in
* How to create natural storytelling images
* How to create images that portray emotion
* How to photograph newborns and sleeping older babies outdoors
* What to look for in locations for newborns and sleepy babies
* How to compose outdoor newborn images
* Newborn and baby safety outdoors
* How to use wardrobe to create harmonious composition that aid in the narrative of your images
* I will follow this presentation by doing an in depth portfolio review of your top five images, discussing areas of strength in your images and aspects of your images that have room for improvement. I believe that constructive criticism is a vital component to progressing in any field. I offer CC at every step along the way in hopes that it will help you grow and create well thought-out images. The portfolio reviews will give you new eyes that allow you to see your work and the world around you in ways that you have not before.
On Location Shooting:
We will cover how to photograph babies and small children and make the most of ordinary locations while doing so. We will then move on to older subjects. I will show you how I look for locations that are suitable for older children and adults while we photograph our last models of the evening.
* At 8:00 a.m on Sunday morning, we will meet at the studio once again. We will start the day with an indoor mama and baby shoot.
I will spend the afternoon teaching you how to breathe life into your images and push them to the next level through hand-editing. Using both ACR and Photoshop, I will walk you through how to create dynamic, high impact images that are packed with colour and texture. I will reveal each step of my workflow, including how to get perfect skin tones, how to enhance the details to bring out the narrative of your images, how to make your subjects appear 3-dimensional, and how to elevate the natural environment to create compelling compositions. When we are finished, you will have the tools you need to transform your work into fine-art photography that will leave your clients speechless.
Participants should be familiar with layers and masks in photoshop prior to the workshop.
On Location Shooting Round 2:
We will head out for one more shoot before the workshop wraps up. During this shoot, we will focus on storytelling and creating emotive fine art images, putting to practice the concepts we learned during the presentation.
We will meet at the studio after our shoot and wrap up the workshop with questions and editing review.
Please note that the schedule may change based on the weather or general shooting conditions outdoors. xo
My goal in teaching this workshop is that you all leave with the tools to compose the images that YOU dream of creating.
*** I will be providing lunch and dinner for all attendees :-).
Check-in is at 8:00 am on Saturday and again at 8:00 a.m on Sunday.
A non-refundable retainer is required to book ($750). Payment plans are available in the dropdown menu. The full list price is due by June 1st, 2018. This workshop is non-refundable. If you find that you cannot attend, you are welcome to sell your seat so long as you can sell it before the next payment is due.
Please note that this listing is for a retainer only. The full list price is $1950 USD. The payment schedule is listed below.
Retainer 1) $650 Required to book your seat
Retainer 2) $650: Due April 1st, 2018
Retainer 3) $650: Due June 1st, 2018
A minimum of 10 attendees are required for the workshop to take place.
Workshops are prohibited to those who mentor, host workshops, create actions, or sell photography videos, and those located within 500 kms of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Participants will be required to sign a 2-year non-compete contract. This means that you cannot teach photography-related workshops for two years after taking this workshop. I am willing to make exceptions for those teaching studio newborn photography. Just ask me to amend the contract to exclude studio newborn work.